Friday, July 1, 2011

FuNny StoRy foR all oF yOu wHo miSseD ouR WeddiNg!

Ok, so the day before our wedding, we were all in San Antonio and John and I went with both of our parents to look at the place of the reception. I had just seen it in pictures. We brought the center pieces and arranged some stuff there and then we were trying to figure out where we were going to put our cakes! We had two cakes. The groom's cake was a square chocolate cake with dipped strawberries on top and on the sides, and my cake was round, white with light turquoise designs and soft yellow roses on the top... something like that.. they were huge! because we ordered cake for 300 ppl! So, anyway, we finally decided where to put the cakes, where they would both fit and just look very pretty! So the big day comes. We were happily married in the temple, and then it was time for the reception! We had mariachis and everything was so perfect! We didn't have a line, so my dad starts playing the wedding march as John and I come in! It was so cute, everyone's clapping and then I quickly looked to my right where the cakes were, and I see this little cake, almost like a birthday cake, and I just thought "oh! for some reason I'd imagine my wedding cake bigger than that, in fact, much bigger than that!" but whatever, with all the greeting and excitement I didn't pay too much attention to it, but later on when everyone is having dinner, Jess, my sister in law comes laughing and she says: "did you hear what happened to your cakes??... They were stolen!! These are not your cakes!!" so Im just like, ohhhhh wow! LOL So our cake lady was delivering our cakes, but she stopped to deliver a cake before ours and left the van running for the AC, so our cakes wouldn't go bad I guess and someone steals the van!... with our cakes inside! CRRRAZY! I know! Who does that anyway? So those cakes were done in like 2 hours right before our reception! Until this day I don't know if the lady had them in the freezer and just pulled them out or I don't know how she pulled that off but despite the fact that those were not our wedding cakes, still, she decorated them how we'd asked her, except, there were no strawberries on the chocolate cake, but anyway, they tasted soooo delicious! Im not kidding! Best chocolate cake ever! lol Whoever went to my wedding can agree with me! I was SO surprised! It was a very funny experience, we told the story when we were giving the toast and we were all just laughing! Great memories! It was a very fun and special day! Loved it :)
Grooms Cake... This is exactly how our cakes were going to be,  and they were, just a smaller version LOL...  

And this was my cake, except round and in the colors I told you... light turquoise and soft yellow roses...  very pretty!

2 comments:

  1. Okay this seriously made me laugh! That is the most random thing ever... your wedding cakes got stolen! Haha i love it. It makes for a great story to tell people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh... I LOVE this story!!!! LOL! Priceless! :D 143

    ReplyDelete