Friday, July 29, 2011

Happy Birthday to me! :)







Our birthdays are only ten days apart, so my b-day was a week ago, on the 22nd, and it was soo much fun! His mom was still in town and she had been celebrating my b-day since she got here lol... then his dad came in town as well and we had a great week! For my b-day, John first gave me two great photo books, one of our engagement pics and one of our wedding pics! I literally cried when I saw them cuz they are just so precious! I just love him! He also rented a jet ski and it was awesome! (we didn't actually jet ski until Tuesday cuz a storm came that morning of my b-day, so then we just went to the hot tub which was fun as well) but when we jet skied it was crazy! i even drove it! i was going one mile per hour but what the heck it was so fun haha when John was driving I told him to be very careful to not drop me and he didn't but it was cuz I was holding unto him so tight! then his mom made me a big chocolate cake with M&M's on top cuz I'd told her that's how my mom made my b-day cakes when I was little :) so it was great! Then we all had lunch at the John Hancock bldng.. great view! then we went to the Navy Pier and rode one of the biggest and I think slowest haha ferris wheel ever! so fun! and also his mom (who wanted to kill me for making her do this) and I got on the wave swinger ride! lol then we went to see the musical West Side Story, and ate more, lots of cake and talked to my beautiful family back home and everywhere else and it was an amazing b-day! We also did the famous Chicago segway tour Tuesday afternoon


and it was so much fun but we felt so bad cuz a lady in the other group in front of us snapped her ankle on the segway! it was crazy! they were crossing the street and somehow she hit the light and I guess lost control and her foot got stuck under the segway and this thing kept on going with her foot under I guess and broke her ankle! the ambulance and fire truck came and it was crazy! I's so thankful that didn't happen to me! or John, I guess I'm just grateful we know how to drive a segway :) anyway... great times!

No comments:

Post a Comment