Monday, July 18, 2011

Let's Go to Bed Bath & Beyond!

So we were getting ready for John's mom to come into town the day before his birthday and we had recently bought a sectional couch from one of our neighbors in the top just above us. It was a really good deal, the couch is in really good conditions, except, this people had a dog that shed a lot, and even though they obviously cleaned the couch before they sold it, I still often find dog's hair on it and I can't really stand that! lol I told John I wanted to fix that, so he said that we will eventually get it reupholstered but in the meantime he was so sweet that he grabbed some rubber gloves and started cleaning it himself, (someone had told him you can get hair off like that) he did a great job, but it wasn't enough... sooo, last Monday, I had gone to Bed Bath & Beyond, (which with my mexican accent I often say Beth Bad & Beyond haha) earlier that day to get new shower curtains and while I was there I decided to look at furniture covers :) specially for couches! Didn't have much success and when John met me there we both decided to just get some chenille bedspreads to throw on the couch to cover it. I was so excited to get home and throw those things on the couch! so we did! We had bought two and realized our couch was bigger and longer than those blankets... it looked really ghetto haha... I wanted to go back and get one more to cover what was left of the couch... and to return the shower curtains cuz they weren't the right color! We looked at the clock and it was 8:45pm... so we both were like, "should we go back tonight? what time do they close? we're not gonna make it! yes we are... no we're not.. let's call to see what time they close..." LOL by that point it was already 8:50pm... we called and yes they closed at 9pm... we still kind of went back and forth for another 30 secs... and finally said.. ok.. lets go! so...

8:51pm- we get in the elevator... by this point John had said, "everything has to go perfect" and so far everything was going great! no one else got in our elevator so we went down 45 floors pretty quick!
8:52pm- We get to the car and start pulling out the parking lot...
8:53pm- We're finally driving... he was driving SO fast I was just praying he wouldn't run into anyone!
8:54pm- Still driving! haha... the momentum had gone way up and we started hitting all green lights! then I said "ok good! this means we're doing something right! Heavenly Father wants us to get there! Cuz yesterday we were hitting all red lights..." but then realized that we were on our way to Church yesterday hahaha... so that was just bad luck, not that Heavenly Father didn't want us to get to Church!
8:55pm- We hit our first red light.. and lots of traffic, and still 2 blocks away... so, I get out of the car and start running like someone was going to take my life away and John rolls down his window and starts yelling "run run run!! hurry! you can do it!" hahaha and everyone starts watching us and I'm just laughing as I'm running! it was hilarious!
8:57pm- I'm way out of breath but I made it to Bed Bath & Beyond and exchanged curtains and got my other blankie! LOL

Funny part of the story... we ended up not using those chenille bedspreads cuz they leave a lot of fuzz! hahaha... oh wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment