Monday, July 18, 2011

Happy Birthday John John!


So a week ago, on July 12th was my hubby's birthday and it was such a fun day! I woke him up singing happy b-day and made him some strawberry shortcake! Then his mom and I had a sailing boat trip planned for him that morning, it was a surprise! We all took a cab to the harbor and he was like "where are we going!?" We finally got there and he looved it! it was soo fun! a rented a little charter and we had a guide and we just sailed for two hours on lake Michigan! so cool! Then we came home and I had planned a surprise b-day party for him that evening with some of our friends here in Chicago. It was kind of fun and exciting planning it all without him knowing anything... I thought I had it all planned like a week and a half ago but then a week before his b-day he gets home and tells me he got that day off so that complicated things and I didn't know what I was going to do to prepare everything that day without him knowing what was going on! I figured it all out, everyone showed up to the party right on time for the surprise, and had party poppers for when he came in lol, it was great! we had lots of food! pizza, cake, ice cream and it was all so good! He was reaaally surprised which made me happy! My baby is now 26 :) he is such a big boy! haha he is doing great with his job and hopefully we'll find out soon if we're staying in Chicago or not! But I think we will! His mom is in town and we are just having soo much fun! I love being in the Merrifield clan! :) They are great!

No comments:

Post a Comment